Tamie Rising, a professional development coach and presenter for T School shared some questions she asks herself each year around December 31. For over a decade now, she’s taken some quiet time to ask herself some version of these questions.
Questions can help each of us take a huge step back and reflect on the last 365 days, celebrate them, learn from them and let them go.
They can help us start the new year consciously, with intention, to think about what it is we truly want.
They also remind us that we have the power within to create what we want next and that it’s up to us to make it happen.
Tamie couldn’t decide which questions to share with you, so she shared them all. 🙂 Take what works for you and leave the rest. I hope they are meaningful for you in some way.
1. What were my 5 most satisfying events/experiences in 2016? Why were they satisfying for me?
2. What dreams did I have for 2016 that were achieved? (reflect on health, family, relationships, work, money, calendar, home, play, etc.)
3. WHAT and WHO contributed to my success?
4. What was I DOING that contributed to my success?
5. Who was I BEING that contributed to that success?
6. What dreams did I have for 2016 that were not achieved? (reflect on health, family, relationships, work, money, calendar, home, play, etc.)
7. What got in the way these dreams coming true?
8. What 10 things am I extremely grateful for that were/are in my life in 2016?
9. What were the 3 most challenging times/events of 2016?
10. What did I learn and how have I grown from these times/events?
11. How am I going to celebrate ME and all I’ve accomplished and grown from in 2016?
12. Will I decide to bring forth that person in 2017 that I was BEING in 2016 that contributed to my success?
13. What are the top 3 things I would love in my life in 2017?
14. What part of me is going to lead the charge to create what I would love in 2017? (the Heroine or the victim? the lover or the hater?)
15. What will I do differently in 2017?
Thank you Tamie for helping us pause to reflect on the year behind us AND what we want (can can) create for ourselves in 2017.
Click here to learn more about our NEW T School programs to help you with your personal journey to better health and happiness.